Sunday 10 March 2013

Snow, Cake & Pugs!


 I had a very lovely, chilled out 1st Mother's Day, last year doesn't really count because Nahla had only been in my tummy about 3-4 weeks!

I woke up to a big smiley face... who was bringing me breakfast in bed (Nahla was still asleep) and a lovely card, from Nahla, who's handwriting is suspiciously like her Father's.
Simon had to work for a couple of hours so the morning was spent in bed, watching Caitlin Moran and Peppa Pig, weird combo or what?!


 We decided that, although it was snowing like mad outside, that we might as well make the most of the day and pop out for a hot drink. We popped into a really lovely Cashmere/Wool/Bits and Bobs shop close to us where they sell loads of really lovely kitcheny bits, from Cath Kidston to Emma Bridgewater.
Nahla was so nosey and kept trying to turn her head all the way around to get a 360 view!
Passers by kept giving her lots of compliments, which was lovely.


This was my OOTD...
Elbow-Patch Knitted Sweater- Primark £16
Leggings-Wallis £10
Scarf- A Gift
Hunter Wellies- £89
Nappy Bag- Cath Kidston- £60


I loved these little mugs and will definitely be getting one next payday! They are SO ADORABLE! I love Pugs and will probably get one when we have our own house and Nahla is quite a bit older.
I just love the little one wearing a top hat and monocle! :')


 Next door to the shop is a really lovely little posh cafe. As soon as we walked in I felt a little nervous, it was full of middle aged and elderly couples, we were the youngest there and this was the first time we had taken Nahla out to eat on our own, I was expecting her to have a complete meltdown and spit fire at the other customers, but she was an absolute delight.
She had her bottle there, looked around and grinned at everyone, she was very interested in my pink cake!
(which, btw, was more icing than actual cake... but that's not a ratio I'm going to complain about!)
 

I had a cup of hot chocolate and the most delicious cupcake, Simon had a very dark coffee and a rock cake... he bit the side of his mouth, which was a bit unfortunate!


 Walking back through the shop I spotted some really lovely things, from gorgeous quilts, to beautiful Orla Kiley pieces and this amazing fish-bowl display with driftwood around it... I also almost screeched when I saw they sold Neom candles, I've blogged about how much I've wanted one for ages and my husband was lovely enough to buy one for me...


 ...it's such a gorgeous smelling candle; Moroccan Blush Rose.
I'm in love with it and will be burning it whilst I'm in the bath Simon's running for me tonight after he's cooked me a lovely meal.

I've really enjoyed my first Mother's Day, although I can't wait until Nahla's old enough to treat me herself!

Love,
Laura xxx

(Lots of love to my Mummy too!)


3 comments:

  1. You looked like Nahla so much when you were a baby! Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so much like your daughter when you were a baby! So cute xx

    ReplyDelete