Thursday 14 March 2013

Lazy Baking


I am not, and never will be, a good baker.
I am not a domestic goddess who can whip up cakes and biscuits and muffins that look like they belong in a shop, I'm a good cooker of meals, but not sweet treats!
If I ever get a sudden crazy urge (and the time) to make cakes I usually reach for the old packaged pre-made stuff... you're always guaranteed a good, moist, sponge and pronto!
Betty Crocker is always a reliable old gal to go for, simply follow her instructions of
'add water, oil and eggs'
and you've got yourself some cakes.
 Decorating, however, takes longer... especially if you eat half of your decorations whilst waiting for the sponge mix to cook and cool.


This is what you will need!
I went for an Easter-style theme, lots of brightly coloured eggs and lovely spring wafer Daisies give the cakes a very seasonal look!


I love the new design for Betty Crocker's packaging! It looks so much better than the plain red they were sporting before. I think they're embracing the retro throw-back sort of look, which goes well with my kitchen, so no complaints from me there...


After following what Betty says to do in her instructions (I'm not going to tell you how to read instructions) you're left with a beautiful, spongey cupcake that is as light as air!
The next, and more fun part, is to decorate them! 


Decorating them took FOREVER.
I think I'll only make one type of cake rather than two next time, decorating that many became boring and monotonous after the first four cakes.
I did see quite a lot of my Husband at this point though, who 'helped' by eating half of the Popping Candy.


After roughly about THREE HOURS from start to finish I've concluded that I neither have the time, nor the patience for baking.
Yes, the cakes came out lovely, and I shall enjoy putting on the 5lbs from eating them all, but I much prefer cooking dinners, where measurements are not certain and you can throw caution to the wind.

I shall leave the fancy cakes to the professionals and part with my money that way instead!

Love, 
Laura xxx

1 comment:

  1. these cakes look so nice! (Almost) too good to eat! I love pretty things like this :) x

    ReplyDelete