Sunday 24 March 2013

YSL Lipstick


Here it is!
One of the beauty-world's most fashionable and stylish lipsticks by Yves Saint Laurent, and I was lucky enough to be treated to one by my darling husband.
At £24.00 this is an extravagant purchase for me, I usually stick to drugstore brands rather than the designer labels, but I've admired this lipstick for such a long time and was desperate to try it out. 


Set in a metal tube with a gold finish, with YSL's name emblazoned on the side, it screams style and sophistication. It reminds me of the lipsticks my mother wore, although they probably only cost a few £'s back then, I knew they were special because my mother hardly ever wore lipstick, it signified a special occasion, which is probably why seeing lipsticks make me giddy!
(I'm rambling)
I chose colour No13, which is brighter than it looks, a gorgeous coral tone!

It glides on beautifully and feels so moisturing, almost oily, on the lips. I was told, by YSL's MUA, that the lipstick is packed with essential oils that promote healing in the lips.
Upon application, I could see why.


The colour was bright and went on smoothly, I was absolutely delighted with it, 
until...


Excellent.
I've paid £24 for a tinted lipbalm.

The colour faded after 20 minutes, slowly disappearing into my lip line, after 30 minutes, it ended up looking like a cheap lip-liner.

I did some poking around and found that a lot of beauty-gurus have complained about YSL's lipsticks doing this, I kicked myself for not researching before purchasing, but for £24 you expect some sort of quality!

I am totally disappointed and I don't think I'll be buying another. They look so beautiful and the lipstick itself sits on my dressers, taking pride of place, purely for aesthetic reasons.

I shouldn't have to pay that sort of money for a lipstick that needs to be re-applied 10+ times a day when I could have bought 4 drugstore lipsticks that have the durability of a stubborn ox, that take a pack of wipes to get off!

So there you have it, in this case, more means less!

Love,
Laura xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! They are so so gorgeous to look at
    I indulged and bought one duty free about a year ago, the shade is lingerie pink I think It's lovely and creamy but doesn't last at all
    It didn't stain the lips though
    xxx

    ReplyDelete