Friday 15 February 2013

Love


Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is one of those holidays you can't seem to escape from! I'm not an overly romantic person but for some odd reason I seem to adore this holiday!

I 'cooked' my husband and I a lovely dinner (thank you Tesco's Finest Meal Deal) of Goat's cheese tart, caramelised red onions and mushrooms (I did this, not Tesco) and Parsnip and Potato Dauphinoise. I also toasted a baguette and smeared some yummy roasted mushroom pate on it.
For pudding we had chocolate cake, strawberries covered in chocolate and a delicious raspberry tart!
All washed down with some pink champagne!
Very romantic!


 I got the nicest gifts from my husband (both of which I accidentally opened early!)
This M.A.C Fluidline Eyeliner Gel is seriously the best I've used and I love my Lauren Conrad book so much I reviewed it here.   

The flowers my husband sent to me were such a surprise! Usually he gets me bright pink Gerberas or Roses, so it was nice to get a lovely (huge) bunch of red Roses, Lillies and Eucalyptus.


With help from The Busy Budgeting Mama I made some fun bunting-type banners to hang over the fireplace to surprise my husband when he got home from work. 
It's still up today, I can't seem to bring myself to take it down!

Lastly, we put the baby in her cot for a nap where she allowed us to have a lovely bubble bath with rose petals! It was really nice to connect again as a couple rather than Mama and Daddy!



I hope you all had a nice day whatever you got up to! We should probably take the lessons of Valentine's Day and apply them to every day life... but that might end up rather expensive with all of the flowers ;]

Love, 
Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment