Wednesday 6 March 2013

App of the Month!


I was Vegan for a year before I fell pregnant with my daughter, for personal reasons (I vomited up everything I ate) I reverted to Vegetarianism, but now I feel myself edging toward Veganism again. 
I miss the way it made me feel, yes a big bar of milky chocolate makes me feel good... whilst I'm eating it, but it's nothing compared to the feelings I got ALL the time from eating fresh and healthy foods...
Especially food that is cruelty-free, but that's a discussion for another day and another blog post.

I spied this app whilst flicking through recipe recommendations on the app store, the hot pink avatar did well to attract my attention, as did the cheery chirpy face of Sarah Kramer holding a bowl of my favourite fruit of all time!

Whats more, it was free, and I do enjoy free things!


The first thing I loved about this app is how neat and well designed it is. 
The bar across the bottom helps you to navigate from the meal you fancied, to specific recipes, videos and any files you wanted to save as your favourites.
There's even a handy little button you can click to add all of the ingredients from a particular recipe into a little shopping list for you that you can take to your supermarket, rather than having to write down and lug around a huge separate list.


The recipes themselves are laid out in such a way that makes reading the a delight. 
Bright, captivating pictures of the dish immediately make me want to lick the screen. This soup looks amazing!
Sarah adds little recorded notes into each recipe, to give extra tips, the lists are clear and even link to separate recipes on how to make your own flavorings, butters etc.

Even if you're not a Vegan, or even a Vegetarian, I encourage you to download this lovely app. It's full of such delicious healthy recipes, that would suit the budget and waist-line of any health conscious soul, or penny-pinching dieter.

I wish I had more time to cook all of these recipes, but I will be slowly making my way through this app, throughout my transition back to Veganism!

Love,
Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment